Hults Bruk Motala Axe
While usable for work, it is primarily employed today in throwing competitions among serious enthusiasts. This item has an axe head weight of 3.75 Lbs and a handle length of 30 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
Overall Weight: 4 5/8 lbs.
Head Weight: 3 3/4 lbs.
Handle Length: 30"
Head: Solid Swedish steel
Handle: Solid American Hickory